ACTIVE GANG OF AUTO LIFTERS BUSTED BY AATS WEST DISTRICT
Team of AATS West District has busted an active gang of auto lifters headed by active bad character of P.S. Dwarka (North) namely Mohd. Akil. Four gang members have been arrested. On their instance, 04 Scooters and 04 motorcycles have got recovered which were found stolen from the area of P.S. Tilak Nagar, Bindapur, Palam Vihar, Mangolpuri, Sarai Rohilla and Sagarpur. Total 08 cases of MV theft have been worked out.
PROFILE OF ACCUSED PERSONS:
- Akil S/o Abul Hassan R/o E-59, Pkt-III, Sec-16A, Dwarka, Delhi, Age- 27 Yrs. Previous Involvement- 12 (BC of PS Dwarka Sec-23)
- Anil Mehto @ Mehman S/o RajenderMehto R/o F-Block, 25 yards, JJ Colony, Sec-16A, Dwarka, Delhi, Age- 28 Yrs. Previous Involvement- NIL
- Mukesh @ Lukkad S/o RamuUdgar R/o B-45, JJ Colony, Sec-16A, Dwarka, Delhi, Age- 26 Yrs. Previous Involvement- 03
- Deepak @ Hanny S/o Dharmender R/o L-39, Pkt-III, JJ Colony, Sec-16A, Dwarka, Delhi, Age- 19 Yrs. Previous Involvement- 03 (BC of PS Dwarka North)
- 04 STOLEN SCOOTERS.
- 04 STOLEN MOTOR CYCLES.
CASES WORKED OUT:
- E-FIR No. 027646/19, Dt. 05/08/2019 U/S 379 IPC, PS Tilak Nagar (Scooter recovered)
- E-FIR No. 031761/19, Dt. 06/09/2019 U/S 379 IPC, PS Khyala (M/Cycle recovered)
- E-FIR No. 019167/19, Dt. 01/06/2019 U/S 379 IPC, PS MangolPuri (Scooter recovered)
- E-FIR No. 029818/19, Dt. 23/08/2019 U/S 379 IPC, PS VikasPuri (M/Cycle recovered)
- E-FIR No. 030982/19, Dt. 01/09/2019 U/S 379 IPC, PS Ranholla (Scooter recovered)
- E-FIR No. 029462/19, Dt. 21/08/2019 U/S 379 IPC, PS Patel Nagar (M/Cycle recovered)
- E-FIR No. 026704/19, Dt. 29/07/2019 U/S 379 IPC, PS Sultan Puri (M/Cycle recovered)
- E-FIR No. 030281/19, Dt. 27/08/2019 U/S 379 IPC, PS Tilak Nagar (Scooter recovered)
TEAM & OPERATION:
In the wake of a steep rise in the incidents of snatchings & auto-lifting’s particularly two wheelers in the area of West District, a dedicated team of Anti Auto Theft Squad of West District was tasked to develop information about such criminals for nabbing them. Team of AATS visited the places of occurrence and met the victims. Based on the information collected from the place of occurrence and victims, sources were deployed. The hard earned efforts of the team bore fruit when an active gang of snatcher cum auto lifters was busted which was run by active BC of Dwarka namely Mohd. Akil.
On 24/09/2019, a specific input was received that Akil, Anil, Lukkad & Hanny will come on stolen Scooter & M/Cycle at about 04.00 pm near DDA Sports Complex, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi. Immediately, a raiding team led by Inspector Manoj Kumar under overall supervision of Sh. Uma Shankar, ACP/Operation Cell/West District comprising of SI MohitParkash, SI Ishwar Singh, ASI Kirori Mal, ASI Om Parkash, ASI Satyawan, ASI Raj Kumar, ASI Trilochan, HC MurariLal, HC Rashid Khan, Ct Ravinder, Ct Narender and Ct. Anil Kumar was constituted to nab the accused. The team laid a strategic trap and apprehended the accused at about 04:20 PM on road near DDA Sports Complex, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi, when they were coming on a white colour Scooter make Honda Activa No. DL-6SAM-2194 (drive by Akil & Anil Mehto @ Mehman) & red colour Motor Cycle FZ No. DL-10S-4328 (drive by Mukesh @ Lukkad& Deepak @ Hunny). The details of said vehicles were checked and Scooter found stolen vide E-FIR No 027646/19, dated 05/08/19, u/s 379 IPC from the area of P.S. Tilak Nagar, Delhi & Motor Cycle found stolen vide E-FIR No 031761/19, dated 06/09/19, u/s 379 IPC from the area of P.S. Khyala, Delhi. On their instance, other 03 Honda Scooters & 03 Motor Cycles have got recovered which were found stolen from the area of Ranholla, Patel Nagar, Sultanpuri, Mangolpuri, Tilak Nagar and VikasPuri Delhi. Total 08 cases of MV theft have been worked out. In pursuance to the information the accused were interrogated and on sustained interrogation they disclosed that they have committed MV theft in several areas of West District and used stolen vehicles for commit Snatchings. To fulfill their requirements use to dismantle the stolen vehicles in parts and sell the parts according to their needs.
During interrogation accused Mohd. Akil disclosed that he is a resident of JJ Colony Sector-16, Dwarka and is an active BC of P.S. Dwarka (North). He has been previously involved in incidents of snatchings and auto thefts and has been sent to jail many times. He organized a gang with his local friends and use to steal motorcycles and scooters for using them in committing snatchings. The gang use to use the stolen bikes for committing crime and then dispose them by dismantling in parts. The other gang members are also bad characters and have previously involved in crime. All gang members are addicts and target two wheelers parked in dark spots and commit mobile and bag snatchings. They have committed many incidents in West Delhi and in other parts of Delhi.
Staff who have done the above good work are being suitably rewarded.